Weekly Inspiration

First we dream, then we desire, then we determine and then we do. It takes all four steps to make our dreams come true.

4/21/09

My Final Committment to Getting Rid of the Bulge For Once and For All

As we all know most women that have kids, gain weight during pregnancy. Do I have an excuse for the extra pounds that I am carrying around? Well I did make excuses, in one form or the other, finally my baby has turned eight last February and here I am still packing extra pounds, not only from her but my three other kids. Here is a little background.
I had my first child at eighteen and yes! You heard that right, I was eighteen. I feel in love with my high school sweetheart, we were together since I was fifteen, and he eighteen, not intimate mind you but we were madly in love. I finished high school at sixteen and continued vocational school but started experimenting and had my son is a result of that experiment. A wonderful gift from God; anyway, I was around 150lbs at the time, but was always big-boned so I wore around a size 7 to 8; I am pretty tall so I looked slim. I got pregnant and 9 months later I was 201lbs, after giving birth, I almost lost it all, I went down to 160lbs. I was not too alarmed, still looked great in my clothes and didn’t even have a stomach. I was brand new again.
Six and a half year later, there came my next bundle of joy; my first princess, she was a beautiful and healthy baby, but mommy but not feeling that beautiful at 210lbs. I worked hard but only lost 40lbs, I was about 170lbs, in two years came my next princess, beautiful as usual but again mommy had gained even more (222lbs). I worked hard but this was very, very difficult, I came down to 205lbs and the battle continued, but I was the loser, not of weight but of the battle to lose the weight. Finally, came my last Blessings, my last princess, and again my weight soared. I didn’t gain much with her as I was a health nut then. I was up to around 238lbs, and the battle continued to rage. I came down to 222lbs, but it was a constant battle, my weight would fluctuate between 222 and 234. It seemed like a constant battle which I was always defeated. I was close to giving up and just going up another size but now the weight has caught up to me and now the situation became drastic, so drastic times calls for drastic measures.
I went to the doctor a year or more ago and she told me I was pre-diabetic, she prescribed metaformin in small doses and ordered me to see a nutrition. I didn’t take her too serious, but now I see my dad and mom suffering from diabetes and high blood pressure.
To turn the final straw, I checked my blood pressure last week and it was very, very high and I felt horrible. I knew the time has come for me to get rid of the pounds or face the music of these dreadful plagues. I do not want to think of having to prick myself every day since I am terrified of needles so here I am ready to commit for once and for all to get right of this extra 57lbs. I weigh in at 227lbs and I am saying good bye to the extra, extra pounds. I hope I will have lots of friends on this journey to possess my health back and live to see my grandkids and great grandkids, and I know if I continue along the path that I am, this will not materialize, so I hope that you all will take this path with me and help me and yourself overcome and gain the victory! I would love to see myself close to my goal weight for my next anniversary next year June. By the way I married my high school sweetheart and we are still madly in love. He would love that, though he does not complain I know he would welcome my losing the extra, extra pounds while having me healthier so we can enjoy life and live it to the fullest. So common, let’s Do It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep up the pace

Keep up the pace
Green 4 in 1 Bundle for Nintendo Wii Fit

Featured Item Of The Week

Featured Item Of The Week
Great For The Holidays

Ingrid's shared items

Featured Product of last week

Featured Product of last week
Spice up the decoration in your home

Amazing Deal on Cookware Set

Amazing Deal on Cookware Set
30pc Stainless Steel Cookware Set

It Is Important To Pamper Me

It Is Important To Pamper Me
Bath And Body Works Lavish Vanilla and Lavender Gift Set

Gift Ideas for Mother's Day

Gift Ideas for Mother's Day
White jade multi-strand necklace

Remember MOM

Remember MOM
14 Karat w D/c Wishbone Necklace 18'

Nintendo Wii Ultimate Bundle - With 40 Great Games

Nintendo Wii Ultimate Bundle - With 40 Great Games
Nintendo Wii Ultimate Bundle - With 40 Great Games, Docking Station and 4 Controllers